Monday, 6 July 2009

Master Craftsman Certificate by EGA

Many years ago I signed up for the Master Craftsman Certificate in Counted Thread - which is a programme run by the Embroiderer's Guild of America (EGA). There are 6 projects to be completed to gain your certificate. The first is to design your own sampler which can be adapted from another design, or a completely original piece. Either way it has to meet strict criteria and include specific elements. As you can see from the chart, this was started over 10 years ago, and life has kind of got in the way, that and getting stumped on selecting the colour palette! Colour selection seems to be the stumbling block for me - I instinctively choose certain shades but in this instance you have to justify your selections and show that you have understood colour theory etc. The thought of my work being judged by the wonderful ladies of the EGA is a rather daunting prospect to say the least!
Anyway a friend was asking me about the programme the other week and so it spurred me to get it out from behind the sofa (yes really)! Now I just need to make the time to get started on it again, but there are other projects taking priority right now as I have CA Wells classes in November and am already finalising plans for 2010.
Thanks for visiting!
Susan





No comments: