Sunday, 28 November 2010

Christmas Stockings December 2010

Some of you have asked "why isn't there any stitching on your blog when its called Cupcakes and Threads?" Well now I can reveal some stitching which has had to remain top secret until given to my family this weekend :-) Here are 8 stockings, one for each of us ready to hang to receive gifts from Santa if we have all been good girls and boys!




The designs are from Shepherd's Bush and stitched on 18ct Natural linen using mainly No 5 Perle cotton and some overdyed No5 Perle. They're embellished with beads, buttons and charms. Shepherds Bush have produced a stocking chart every year for the past 15 or so years. It has taken quite some time to get them all completed and they're pretty well travelled having been shipped to my friend Cathe Rae at Needle In A Haystack in Alameda California for the fabulous finishing into stockings you see here (all of them lined and then finished with hand made cording and complete with hanging loop).
They're really a once in a lifetime kind of project, so don't ask how much I've spent! :-) Now I'm on the search for special acid free archive boxes in which to store them for 'posterity'! I'm pleased to say they were very well received - even by my nephews (11 and 16) - Tom wants to keep his on display all year :-0
































4 comments:

Stitcher said...

They are all beautiful. what an achievement to have done so many.

Melody said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!!!
They are truly beautiful, your family should cherish them.

Carol R said...

How beautiful are these? I am sure the recipients will enjoy them for many years to come!

Carin said...

Oh my ... those are beautiful !! My compliments !!