Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Martha Does It Again

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=361775&CategoryID=29963

Only I could go to the USA with 2 nearly empty suitcases and come back with them nearly over weight! If there was an Olympic medal for shopping .... Funny thing is I don't enjoy shopping in the UK at all really. Guess I have been spoiled on my trips to the US, the choice is so much bigger, the shops and malls less crowded and the prices, well enough said. I had been admiring Martha Stewart's range of homewares exclusively designed for Macy's Department Stores whilst surfing (as you do) and hoped that when I saw this range in reality it would look as good. Well it did, but then I had to face the challenge of getting a complete range of bedding home (as shipping which would have been very expensive). We're talking top sheet, bottom fitted sheet (the Americans do deep fitted sheets as standard and they're very difficult to find here), valence, pillow cases and the 'comforter' which is the stunning quilted coverlet. I then bought two of the shower curtains which are just cotton fabric to make roman blinds for the two bedroom windows et voila! Now I just have to paint the bedroom this coming weekend (well Sarah my sister will do the painting as she is sooo good at it and I'm the runner) and 6 years after moving in I will have finished the room! My excuse is waiting to find a design of bedding that I really liked and at a reasonable price. Hope you like the pattern as much as I do. Hydrangea's are our favourite and we have several in the garden. I will have to post photos when they start to bloom.

3 comments:

Carol R said...

Welcome to blogland Susan!

Sheila said...

Hola Susan - good to see you now have a blog.
I´m very envious of your wonderful shopping trips to the US :)

lena-lou said...

Welcome to blogging Susan, I saw from Carol R's blog you had started one , I'm glad you will hopefully be showing your lovely stitching off :) Have a happy time here!