Tuesday, 21 April 2009

New York, New York - April 2009

Well this is my first post on a 'blog'. I have resisted for a very long time as I am (like so many of us) time poor and just don't know how often I will be able to add anything - and whether anyone will be interested ;-) But as for once I took some photos on holiday I thought it would be a good way to start.

We returned from New York and Boston a couple of weeks ago. Macys department store were having an amazing Spring flower festival - here are some of the amazing displays - rather different to Selfridges or even Harrods in London wouldn't you say? For once the store was actually cold - to benefit the flowers! Having arrived dressed for outside it was bliss to shop in comfort.

Our main reason for visiting 'the big apple' was to visit our dear friend Wendy and see the Twixt Art & Nature Embroidery exhibit at the Bard Graduate Centre. More on that in another post. Oh all right, the shopping was a big attraction as well!








































No comments: